You can interview Jose Canseco. As long as you pay $2,000

Nov 18, 2011, 4:50 PM EST

Jose Canseco AP

Dave Brown of Big League Stew is about the nicest guy I’ve met since I started meeting baseball writery-types a couple of years ago. He’s funny. Disarming. Straight shooter.  If there’s anyone who isn’t going to misrepresent you in an interview it’s Dave. Quite the opposite in fact. His forte, via his Answer Man interviews, is to simply let ballplayers be themselves.  It’s not Dave’s fault — even if it is his genius — that that tends to often not work quite the way the subjects might envision.

So you can imagine how sad I was when I read his latest installment — Jose Canseco — and learned that Canseco won’t talk to anyone unless they pay him $2,000.

Dave makes the most out of it though and, as usual, you learn more about the subject than they probably intended.  Good stuff.

The best part: the teaser on the bottom for the next installment:  “Coming Monday: Breakfast in Vegas with Pete Rose. No, really.”

Anything to get us through the offseason.

1. bloodysock - Nov 18, 2011 at 4:53 PM

No wonder Jose can’t find a job when he wants $2K for the interview.

2. hep3 - Nov 18, 2011 at 5:09 PM

I was listening to Dan Patrick a couple of years ago and he had his interview booker, Fritzy, try to get to Canseco to talk about the leaked PEDs list. I remember that Canseco wanted $5,000 back then. I guess he has lowered his price. Naturally, Dan Patrick passed on the interview because of Canseco’s against the grain attitude.

3. rexadelphia8 - Nov 18, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Canseco is a tool and a dbag. Did you ever see that half retard on celebrity apprentice. God, or try fighting mma ? Look it up it’s sad

4. dodger88 - Nov 18, 2011 at 6:08 PM

That picture scares the hell out of me. I wouldn’t put it past Colletti to sign him if Rivera slumps!

• clarknaddison - Nov 20, 2011 at 2:20 PM

agreed. 4mm+ for Rivera? That was a joke.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester