Nov 20, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
Today, Jeff Passan reports:
Bobby Valentine expects to meet with Red Sox GM Ben Cherington on Monday. Could emerge as favorite for manager if meeting goes well.
Interesting, because the other day the Boston Herald wrote:
Bobby Valentine has been a candidate for the Red Sox manager job from the early stages of the team’s search process, a club source said yesterday. Valentine was one of the first people interviewed by general manager Ben Cherington
Hmm. Interesting that Valentine’s candidacy depends on a good meeting with Cherington when he already interviewed with Cherington.
Or — and call me crazy — someone in the Sox front office was pulling the Herald’s chain the other day and was trying to make it look as though ownership didn’t totally undercut Cherington by injecting Valentine into the situation when Cherington was interviewing a totally different sort of candidate slate.
Insane. I know.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)