Nov 20, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
Today, Jeff Passan reports:
Bobby Valentine expects to meet with Red Sox GM Ben Cherington on Monday. Could emerge as favorite for manager if meeting goes well.
Interesting, because the other day the Boston Herald wrote:
Bobby Valentine has been a candidate for the Red Sox manager job from the early stages of the team’s search process, a club source said yesterday. Valentine was one of the first people interviewed by general manager Ben Cherington
Hmm. Interesting that Valentine’s candidacy depends on a good meeting with Cherington when he already interviewed with Cherington.
Or — and call me crazy — someone in the Sox front office was pulling the Herald’s chain the other day and was trying to make it look as though ownership didn’t totally undercut Cherington by injecting Valentine into the situation when Cherington was interviewing a totally different sort of candidate slate.
Insane. I know.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)