Nov 21, 2011, 9:00 PM EST
In a meeting that was first reported last week, Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times hears that C.J. Wilson will dine with Angels manager Mike Scioscia and general manager Jerry Dipoto tonight in Los Angeles.
Dipoto had a three-hour dinner with Wilson’s agent, Bob Garber, last Monday at the general managers’ meetings in Milwaukee, after which he said, “Obviously we have interest, and we’re hoping C.J. feels the same way.”
The Angels have been aggressive in their early efforts to land the free agent left-hander, but we’re still likely a couple weeks away from a resolution. Wilson is scheduled to meet with another MLB general manager this weekend in Los Angeles before visiting two teams on the East Coast next week. Garber has requested a meeting with the Yankees, but it’s not yet known if the Bronx is officially on the itinerary.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)