Nov 21, 2011, 9:00 PM EDT
In a meeting that was first reported last week, Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times hears that C.J. Wilson will dine with Angels manager Mike Scioscia and general manager Jerry Dipoto tonight in Los Angeles.
Dipoto had a three-hour dinner with Wilson’s agent, Bob Garber, last Monday at the general managers’ meetings in Milwaukee, after which he said, “Obviously we have interest, and we’re hoping C.J. feels the same way.”
The Angels have been aggressive in their early efforts to land the free agent left-hander, but we’re still likely a couple weeks away from a resolution. Wilson is scheduled to meet with another MLB general manager this weekend in Los Angeles before visiting two teams on the East Coast next week. Garber has requested a meeting with the Yankees, but it’s not yet known if the Bronx is officially on the itinerary.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 49
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)