Nov 21, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Linked with very little comment because none is really needed, Bill Parker explains how Clint Barmes is Princess Buttercup, Bobby Valentine is Miracle Max, and Dan Shaughnessy is Vizzini from “The Princess Bride.”
And to preempt your comments: (1) yes, it’s a slow news day; and (2) no, I can’t help myself when it comes to “Princess Bride” stuff. Basically, if you put baseball together with that, or Batman or some of my sci-fi obsessions, I’m probably gonna like it more than I should. You can call me a dork if you want to, but understand this: you’d be quite right to do so.
Which reminds me: I put Twitter Questions on hiatus during the playoffs because for some strange reason people wanted to spend their Wednesday evenings watching baseball rather than asking my for my thoughts on Battlestar Galactica. But baseball is over now, so we’re going to crank that up again soon. Probably not this week because of the holiday, but next week sounds nice.
Set phasers for obscurity.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 3
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 26
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)