Nov 21, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Earlier this month there were reports about the A’s shopping nearly everyone on the roster as they wait to hear back about the likelihood of a new ballpark. That apparently includes Gio Gonzalez, who’s one of the few pieces on the team more valuable than Bailey.
Olney doesn’t mention any players the A’s are asking for in return, but Yonder Alonso would be a pretty good guess.
Bailey has been sidelined by injuries in each of the past two seasons, but the former Rookie of the Year winner has posted ERAs of 1.84, 1.47, and 3.24 in his three seasons and is under team control through 2014.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 17
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)