Nov 21, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Earlier this month there were reports about the A’s shopping nearly everyone on the roster as they wait to hear back about the likelihood of a new ballpark. That apparently includes Gio Gonzalez, who’s one of the few pieces on the team more valuable than Bailey.
Olney doesn’t mention any players the A’s are asking for in return, but Yonder Alonso would be a pretty good guess.
Bailey has been sidelined by injuries in each of the past two seasons, but the former Rookie of the Year winner has posted ERAs of 1.84, 1.47, and 3.24 in his three seasons and is under team control through 2014.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)