Nov 21, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Earlier this month there were reports about the A’s shopping nearly everyone on the roster as they wait to hear back about the likelihood of a new ballpark. That apparently includes Gio Gonzalez, who’s one of the few pieces on the team more valuable than Bailey.
Olney doesn’t mention any players the A’s are asking for in return, but Yonder Alonso would be a pretty good guess.
Bailey has been sidelined by injuries in each of the past two seasons, but the former Rookie of the Year winner has posted ERAs of 1.84, 1.47, and 3.24 in his three seasons and is under team control through 2014.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)