Nov 22, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
C.J. Wilson dined last night with Angels manager Mike Scioscia and general manager Jerry Dipoto, and Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the free agent left-hander’s next meeting with come with the Marlins after Thanksgiving.
According to Spencer the two sides initially spoke at the general manager meetings in Milwaukee last week and Wilson is expected to be in Miami for a follow-up visit.
It could mean nothing, of course, because Wilson has no shortage of suitors and as Spencer writes the Marlins “seem to be throwing out the welcome mat for every available free agent.”
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8