Nov 22, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
C.J. Wilson dined last night with Angels manager Mike Scioscia and general manager Jerry Dipoto, and Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the free agent left-hander’s next meeting with come with the Marlins after Thanksgiving.
According to Spencer the two sides initially spoke at the general manager meetings in Milwaukee last week and Wilson is expected to be in Miami for a follow-up visit.
It could mean nothing, of course, because Wilson has no shortage of suitors and as Spencer writes the Marlins “seem to be throwing out the welcome mat for every available free agent.”
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)