Nov 22, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
C.J. Wilson dined last night with Angels manager Mike Scioscia and general manager Jerry Dipoto, and Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the free agent left-hander’s next meeting with come with the Marlins after Thanksgiving.
According to Spencer the two sides initially spoke at the general manager meetings in Milwaukee last week and Wilson is expected to be in Miami for a follow-up visit.
It could mean nothing, of course, because Wilson has no shortage of suitors and as Spencer writes the Marlins “seem to be throwing out the welcome mat for every available free agent.”
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 39
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)