Nov 22, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
C.J. Wilson dined last night with Angels manager Mike Scioscia and general manager Jerry Dipoto, and Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the free agent left-hander’s next meeting with come with the Marlins after Thanksgiving.
According to Spencer the two sides initially spoke at the general manager meetings in Milwaukee last week and Wilson is expected to be in Miami for a follow-up visit.
It could mean nothing, of course, because Wilson has no shortage of suitors and as Spencer writes the Marlins “seem to be throwing out the welcome mat for every available free agent.”
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)