Nov 22, 2011, 11:19 AM EST
C.J. Wilson dined last night with Angels manager Mike Scioscia and general manager Jerry Dipoto, and Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the free agent left-hander’s next meeting with come with the Marlins after Thanksgiving.
According to Spencer the two sides initially spoke at the general manager meetings in Milwaukee last week and Wilson is expected to be in Miami for a follow-up visit.
It could mean nothing, of course, because Wilson has no shortage of suitors and as Spencer writes the Marlins “seem to be throwing out the welcome mat for every available free agent.”
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (96)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)