Nov 22, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
OK, so this might be taking the whole “GM for a day” thing a little too far.
Paula Faris of NBC Chicago reports that a man was arrested yesterday for allegedly breaking into White Sox general manager Ken Williams’ home after “police found him wearing Williams’ clothes and the GM’s 2005 World Series ring.”
But wait, there’s more.
Williams told Faris that the man also drank his beer, ate his frozen pizza, used his computer, got in his bed, and was even defrosting a lobster when police arrived.
Oh, and how did the police actually catch him? Well, the guy walked into the house wearing Williams’ clothes while they were dusting the crime scene for prints.
Pretending to be a GM isn’t all fun and lobsters, so if the judicial system really wants to punish the guy they should force him to take responsibility for Adam Dunn‘s contract.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 62
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 120
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 79
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- So Curt Schilling spent his evening arguing against the theory of evolution (165)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)