Nov 22, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Rivera said that his vocal cords have “been bothering him for a month.”
Presumably the surgery wouldn’t have any impact on Rivera’s usual offseason plans and the future Hall of Famer’s right arm remains in pristine condition a week short of his 42nd birthday.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12