Nov 22, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
Back in the early days of Boston’s never-ending managerial search the Blue Jays changed their team policy to block the Red Sox from potentially interviewing John Farrell.
However, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com even after that policy switch the Red Sox tried to talk the Blue Jays into changing their mind about Farrell, who served as Boston’s pitching coach prior to becoming Toronto’s manager.
There may have been some compensation offered, but it didn’t work as the Blue Jays stuck by their decision to block all lateral moves and hung onto Farrell, who’s under contract through 2013.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)