Nov 22, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
Back in the early days of Boston’s never-ending managerial search the Blue Jays changed their team policy to block the Red Sox from potentially interviewing John Farrell.
However, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com even after that policy switch the Red Sox tried to talk the Blue Jays into changing their mind about Farrell, who served as Boston’s pitching coach prior to becoming Toronto’s manager.
There may have been some compensation offered, but it didn’t work as the Blue Jays stuck by their decision to block all lateral moves and hung onto Farrell, who’s under contract through 2013.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)