Nov 22, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
Last week Grady Sizemore was to be putting negotiations with other teams on hold in an effort to work out a deal with the Indians and now Nick Camino of 1100-WTAM in Cleveland reports that the two sides have agreed to a contract.
According to Camino an official announcement “will happen by tonight or tomorrow.”
No word yet on the contract terms, but presumably it’s an incentive-laden one-year deal or perhaps a one-year deal with an option for 2013.
Cleveland made Sizemore a free agent by declining his $8.5 million option, choosing a $500,000 buyout instead, so for the new deal to make sense for the Indians it would seemingly have to either be for less than $8 million or include a reasonable second-year option.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (215)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)