Nov 22, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Last week Grady Sizemore was to be putting negotiations with other teams on hold in an effort to work out a deal with the Indians and now Nick Camino of 1100-WTAM in Cleveland reports that the two sides have agreed to a contract.
According to Camino an official announcement “will happen by tonight or tomorrow.”
No word yet on the contract terms, but presumably it’s an incentive-laden one-year deal or perhaps a one-year deal with an option for 2013.
Cleveland made Sizemore a free agent by declining his $8.5 million option, choosing a $500,000 buyout instead, so for the new deal to make sense for the Indians it would seemingly have to either be for less than $8 million or include a reasonable second-year option.
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 122
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 5
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (124)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)