Nov 22, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Last week Grady Sizemore was to be putting negotiations with other teams on hold in an effort to work out a deal with the Indians and now Nick Camino of 1100-WTAM in Cleveland reports that the two sides have agreed to a contract.
According to Camino an official announcement “will happen by tonight or tomorrow.”
No word yet on the contract terms, but presumably it’s an incentive-laden one-year deal or perhaps a one-year deal with an option for 2013.
Cleveland made Sizemore a free agent by declining his $8.5 million option, choosing a $500,000 buyout instead, so for the new deal to make sense for the Indians it would seemingly have to either be for less than $8 million or include a reasonable second-year option.
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 10
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 42
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 37
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)