Nov 22, 2011, 10:35 AM EST
Yesterday we talked about the Marlins’ interest in trading for Gio Gonzalez. Later in the day Matthew broke down the possible players Oakland might ask for in return. Chief among them: Logan Morrison.
Today Clark Spencer reports that, yes, Logan Morrison was a requested player. As was Mike Stanton, but really, that was never going to happen. Either way, the Marlins “flatly rejected” the A’s trade proposals.
Which shouldn’t bug the A’s. They have the valuable pitcher here. As the winter wears on, other teams are going to start freaking out about their rotation and if that happens the likelihood that the A’s will be overpaid for Gonzalez increases. And hey, if Oakland doesn’t like what it’s being offered, there’s always the trade deadline.
The have the cards. They should be prepared to hold them until the hear something they like.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 0
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 15
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 26
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 23
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)