Nov 23, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Molina would back up John Jaso, essentially replacing fellow right-handed-hitting free agent Kelly Shoppach. Molina lacks Shoppach’s power and ability to knock around left-handed pitching, but he remains a big asset defensively at age 36.
Molina started 48 games for the Blue Jays this year, earning $1.2 million, and Smith speculates that he’ll get a one-year deal for similar money from the Rays. Tampa Bay previously declined a $3.2 million option on Shoppach to make him a free agent.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)