Nov 23, 2011, 3:10 PM EDT
Yahoo!’s Dave Brown took his Answer Man alter ego to Vegas and he talked with Pete Rose … forever. It was a great interview, though. Topics ranging from Game 6 of the 2011 World Series vs. Game 6 of the 1975 World Series, gambling, his bannination from baseball and, of course, Milk Duds.
Just read it.
Oh, and this is fun:
PR: Well, we didn’t look at greenies as greenies. Greenies were nothing more than diet pills. They’d curb your appetite. Greenies is false hope. Amphetamines. They don’t help you hit the ball any further or harder. They don’t help you do anything.
DB: Wake you up?
PR: Well, it’s like this (Rose holds up a cup of coffee). Caffeine. That’s all it is.
Take that … um, whoever feels like arguing about Pete Rose and drugs all at once. Because that won’t even create any discussion, will it?
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 1
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (111)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)