Nov 23, 2011, 3:10 PM EDT
Yahoo!’s Dave Brown took his Answer Man alter ego to Vegas and he talked with Pete Rose … forever. It was a great interview, though. Topics ranging from Game 6 of the 2011 World Series vs. Game 6 of the 1975 World Series, gambling, his bannination from baseball and, of course, Milk Duds.
Just read it.
Oh, and this is fun:
PR: Well, we didn’t look at greenies as greenies. Greenies were nothing more than diet pills. They’d curb your appetite. Greenies is false hope. Amphetamines. They don’t help you hit the ball any further or harder. They don’t help you do anything.
DB: Wake you up?
PR: Well, it’s like this (Rose holds up a cup of coffee). Caffeine. That’s all it is.
Take that … um, whoever feels like arguing about Pete Rose and drugs all at once. Because that won’t even create any discussion, will it?
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)