Nov 23, 2011, 3:10 PM EDT
Yahoo!’s Dave Brown took his Answer Man alter ego to Vegas and he talked with Pete Rose … forever. It was a great interview, though. Topics ranging from Game 6 of the 2011 World Series vs. Game 6 of the 1975 World Series, gambling, his bannination from baseball and, of course, Milk Duds.
Just read it.
Oh, and this is fun:
PR: Well, we didn’t look at greenies as greenies. Greenies were nothing more than diet pills. They’d curb your appetite. Greenies is false hope. Amphetamines. They don’t help you hit the ball any further or harder. They don’t help you do anything.
DB: Wake you up?
PR: Well, it’s like this (Rose holds up a cup of coffee). Caffeine. That’s all it is.
Take that … um, whoever feels like arguing about Pete Rose and drugs all at once. Because that won’t even create any discussion, will it?
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 2
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 38
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 59
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 70
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)