Nov 23, 2011, 3:10 PM EST
Yahoo!’s Dave Brown took his Answer Man alter ego to Vegas and he talked with Pete Rose … forever. It was a great interview, though. Topics ranging from Game 6 of the 2011 World Series vs. Game 6 of the 1975 World Series, gambling, his bannination from baseball and, of course, Milk Duds.
Just read it.
Oh, and this is fun:
PR: Well, we didn’t look at greenies as greenies. Greenies were nothing more than diet pills. They’d curb your appetite. Greenies is false hope. Amphetamines. They don’t help you hit the ball any further or harder. They don’t help you do anything.
DB: Wake you up?
PR: Well, it’s like this (Rose holds up a cup of coffee). Caffeine. That’s all it is.
Take that … um, whoever feels like arguing about Pete Rose and drugs all at once. Because that won’t even create any discussion, will it?
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 41
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)