Nov 24, 2011, 9:36 AM EDT
Earlier this week Deadspin published a lengthy story that included many unsavory allegations about agent Dan Lozano, whose client list includes Albert Pujols, Alex Rodriguez, and lots of other big names.
Last night Lozano’s lawyer issued a statement denying the claims and Pujols told Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch:
I am absolutely staying with Danny as my agent. He will continue to negotiate my free agent contract. I am embarrassed for the people who are behind this. I want to make sure that people hear that.
Lozano stands to earn around $10 million from Pujols’ upcoming contract and, among other things, the Deadspin story alleged that he needs that commission to keep his business afloat because of various money problems.
Goold reports that Lozano “reached out to many of his clients to notify them about the potential forthcoming article” and plans legal action against the unnamed sources who provided Deadspin with information, documents, and not-safe-for-work photos.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 14
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)