Nov 24, 2011, 9:36 AM EDT
Earlier this week Deadspin published a lengthy story that included many unsavory allegations about agent Dan Lozano, whose client list includes Albert Pujols, Alex Rodriguez, and lots of other big names.
Last night Lozano’s lawyer issued a statement denying the claims and Pujols told Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch:
I am absolutely staying with Danny as my agent. He will continue to negotiate my free agent contract. I am embarrassed for the people who are behind this. I want to make sure that people hear that.
Lozano stands to earn around $10 million from Pujols’ upcoming contract and, among other things, the Deadspin story alleged that he needs that commission to keep his business afloat because of various money problems.
Goold reports that Lozano “reached out to many of his clients to notify them about the potential forthcoming article” and plans legal action against the unnamed sources who provided Deadspin with information, documents, and not-safe-for-work photos.
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 1
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 5
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 18
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 41
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 22