Nov 24, 2011, 9:36 AM EDT
Earlier this week Deadspin published a lengthy story that included many unsavory allegations about agent Dan Lozano, whose client list includes Albert Pujols, Alex Rodriguez, and lots of other big names.
Last night Lozano’s lawyer issued a statement denying the claims and Pujols told Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch:
I am absolutely staying with Danny as my agent. He will continue to negotiate my free agent contract. I am embarrassed for the people who are behind this. I want to make sure that people hear that.
Lozano stands to earn around $10 million from Pujols’ upcoming contract and, among other things, the Deadspin story alleged that he needs that commission to keep his business afloat because of various money problems.
Goold reports that Lozano “reached out to many of his clients to notify them about the potential forthcoming article” and plans legal action against the unnamed sources who provided Deadspin with information, documents, and not-safe-for-work photos.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)