Nov 24, 2011, 9:36 AM EST
Earlier this week Deadspin published a lengthy story that included many unsavory allegations about agent Dan Lozano, whose client list includes Albert Pujols, Alex Rodriguez, and lots of other big names.
Last night Lozano’s lawyer issued a statement denying the claims and Pujols told Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch:
I am absolutely staying with Danny as my agent. He will continue to negotiate my free agent contract. I am embarrassed for the people who are behind this. I want to make sure that people hear that.
Lozano stands to earn around $10 million from Pujols’ upcoming contract and, among other things, the Deadspin story alleged that he needs that commission to keep his business afloat because of various money problems.
Goold reports that Lozano “reached out to many of his clients to notify them about the potential forthcoming article” and plans legal action against the unnamed sources who provided Deadspin with information, documents, and not-safe-for-work photos.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (96)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)