Nov 24, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
Garcia proved to be a tremendous bargain for New York this year, winning a rotation spot in the spring training after signing for a minor-league deal and throwing 147 innings with a 3.62 ERA that was his best since 2001.
As part of that contract Garcia earned $1.5 million in guaranteed money and another $3 million or so in incentives, so he’ll get a light raise and significantly more upfront cash at age 35.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 29
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 37
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 63
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims