Nov 24, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
Garcia proved to be a tremendous bargain for New York this year, winning a rotation spot in the spring training after signing for a minor-league deal and throwing 147 innings with a 3.62 ERA that was his best since 2001.
As part of that contract Garcia earned $1.5 million in guaranteed money and another $3 million or so in incentives, so he’ll get a light raise and significantly more upfront cash at age 35.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)