Indians unveil new uniforms. We think.

Nov 25, 2011, 9:52 AM EDT

I was directed to a web page this morning which was billed as the Indians unveiling “new uniforms for 2012.”  This was the picture on that web page:

source:

You tell me what’s different, because I’m sort of not seeing it. Based on this pic it appears as though the white piping around the neck and down the buttons of the blue one is gone. Same goes for the blue piping on the white jersey.  That script, however, still dominates. I’ve never liked it. It looks like the writing you’d see on a generic shirt you’d find in the kids department at Marshall’s or something that says “Baseball.”  Or “All Star.”

If I ran the Indians — and I see no reason why I shouldn’t — I’d issue a decree that from now until the end of time they’d wear these uniforms, but with the navy block C cap.

But, hey, maybe the Indians don’t want to look awesome all the time. Who am I to judge?

1. woodenulykteneau - Nov 25, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Same racist logo on cap.

2. charliebooms - Nov 25, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Racist? Get a life, even if you are native American you need to get over it.

• woodenulykteneau - Nov 25, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Who said anything about redskin, paleface?

Perhaps this is simple enough for you to understand.

• stinkfist5 - Nov 25, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Sensitive left wingers are soooo annoying. We don’t want to hear you whine!

• JBerardi - Nov 27, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Annoying, yet correct.

• JBerardi - Nov 27, 2011 at 6:58 PM

“even if you are native American you need to get over it.”

And if you’re a white male, you need to never tell anyone to “get over it” again. Or you’re an ASSHOLE.

3. charliebooms - Nov 25, 2011 at 11:39 AM

People who use color to distinguish ones heritage has bigger racial issues then wahoo being on cap. I don’t see color on people and would never relate red skin with native heritage. The way I see it is that red is to further the connection of wahoo being an actual native American

4. charliebooms - Nov 25, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Who’s ever seen an Indian with actual red skin?

5. charliebooms - Nov 25, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Show of hands who’s ever seen a person with red skin? Not me, so I’m assuming no relation

• JBerardi - Nov 27, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Who’s ever seen a person with white skin?

Sorry, you can’t undo a genocide with semantics.

6. North American Bowl - Nov 25, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Big Change.

7. tigerman3 - Nov 25, 2011 at 5:52 PM

For God’s sake Pick a uniform and stick with it for a change. I’m so sick and tired of teams Changing uniforms every season. How are fans suppose to identify with there teams when they change uniforms every year? It’s Bad enough the players change almost every year. I”m not just picking on the Indians but all teams and all sport’s all these alternate jerseys are just rediculous. what happened to picking a uniform and keeping it for 20 years or more? Two examples are the Yankees And Tigers. No major changes , no alternate jerseys for regular season games. For Spring Training yes the yankees wear batting practice jerseys but you never see them in regular season play, Same with the Tigers give me a Classic home white and a road grey any day that’s baseball.

8. lookatthefarside - Nov 25, 2011 at 6:27 PM

And again another year the racist logo is out there again. Its the 21st century right? Time to stop the ignorance.

• stinkfist5 - Nov 25, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Suck it up. Your parents “babied” you didn’t they?

• lookatthefarside - Nov 27, 2011 at 2:27 AM

You must have called Dionne Warwick’s psychic hotline! How did you guess? lol. Are you going to say that your dad can beat up my dad? Smile stinkfist5, because the deity you worship, belilal, smiles upon you….

9. browniebuck - Nov 26, 2011 at 4:52 PM

The Tribe will make you a deal…we will change our name and logo once the Washington Redskins and Florida State Seminoles agree to come up with new logos and names themselves.

As an Irish man, I am more than a little offended by the “Fightin’ Irish” logo and their stupid leprechaun (because they look nothing like me and because I don’t want to be affiliated with something that SUCKS)…but nobody seems to want to get behind that.

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. R. Castillo (3100)