Nov 25, 2011, 5:18 PM EDT
I haven’t had MLB Network Radio on this afternoon because I’m too busy listening to the new Vaccines album on my speakers wot go to 11. But apparently something interesting was said about James Loney. From Mel Antonen’s Twitter feed:
Dodgers GM Ned Colletti says on MLB Network Radio that James Loney will be at 1B for LA next season. Says 20-25 HRs possible.
OK. Let’s see: James Loney has been in the big leagues for six seasons and the most homers he’s ever hit in a season is 15, back in 2007. Sure. I think 20+ is totally reasonable.
The Dodgers desperately need a slugging first baseman. They’ve taken themselves out of the market for that for various reasons. I suppose they think that if they create unrealistic expectations for Loney, that the team’s inability to produce from first base will be viewed as Loney’s failure rather than the front offices.
It’s not rational. But I suppose that’s what they think.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)