Nov 25, 2011, 5:18 PM EDT
I haven’t had MLB Network Radio on this afternoon because I’m too busy listening to the new Vaccines album on my speakers wot go to 11. But apparently something interesting was said about James Loney. From Mel Antonen’s Twitter feed:
Dodgers GM Ned Colletti says on MLB Network Radio that James Loney will be at 1B for LA next season. Says 20-25 HRs possible.
OK. Let’s see: James Loney has been in the big leagues for six seasons and the most homers he’s ever hit in a season is 15, back in 2007. Sure. I think 20+ is totally reasonable.
The Dodgers desperately need a slugging first baseman. They’ve taken themselves out of the market for that for various reasons. I suppose they think that if they create unrealistic expectations for Loney, that the team’s inability to produce from first base will be viewed as Loney’s failure rather than the front offices.
It’s not rational. But I suppose that’s what they think.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights