Nov 25, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
Alex Speier of WEEI talked to a team source who says that the Red Sox — who had Gene Lamont and Bobby Valentine in for interviews earlier this week — don’t plan on talking to anyone else. It’s gonna be one of those two guys.
I’ve promised my hat for these purposes several times, but if the Sox actually hire Lamont over Valentine I’ll eat my copy of this video of Scarlett Johansson and Zooey Deschanel having a tickle fight. (yes, safe for work, but watch your volume).
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)