Nov 25, 2011, 1:56 PM EST
Alex Speier of WEEI talked to a team source who says that the Red Sox — who had Gene Lamont and Bobby Valentine in for interviews earlier this week — don’t plan on talking to anyone else. It’s gonna be one of those two guys.
I’ve promised my hat for these purposes several times, but if the Sox actually hire Lamont over Valentine I’ll eat my copy of this video of Scarlett Johansson and Zooey Deschanel having a tickle fight. (yes, safe for work, but watch your volume).
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 2
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)