Nov 26, 2011, 6:23 PM EST
It feels like it’s been weeks since the announcement of a trade or free agent signing in baseball. Well, folks, the long wait is over. From the Indians’ official Twitter feed comes this bit of thrilling news:
Valbuena posted a weak .209/.227/.279 batting line in 44 plate appearances this past year for Cleveland and has been unable to build on the flashes of production he showed back in 2009, when he slugged 10 home runs in 103 games as a 23-year-old. He’s unlikely to suddenly regain form in the Blue Jays’ system.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 138
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23