Picture of the Day: Bryan Stow celebrates Thanksgiving with family and friends

Nov 26, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT

It was a very special Thanksgiving for the family and friends of Bryan Stow, the Giants fan who was severely beaten outside of Dodger Stadium on Opening Day.

The family updated their website Thursday with a new photo of Stow, which can be seen below, along with the following caption:

“It has been a long time since our whole family was together on Thanksgiving and we could not feel more thankful and blessed. Our friends Brian and Steve from Los Angeles who are now a part of this growing family, joined us and Bryan for an amazing Thanksgiving dinner.”

source:

Stow was moved to a San Francisco-area rehab facility in October and continues to show encouraging signs of progress. A recent update from the family’s website says that he has moments of “confusion, answering questions wrong or just not knowing the answers,” but that “he remembers the important things in his life; his children, his family, his friends, his favorite football and baseball teams.”

1. Old Gator - Nov 26, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Now that is a photo worth sharing. Best wishes to the Stow family for as complete a recovery as possible, and for speedy and severe justice for the slugs who perpetrated the crime against him.

• djpostl - Nov 26, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Amen.

• bigdicktater - Nov 26, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I guess one of the slugs gave your comment the ‘thumbs down’ Gator. What a jerk.

• Old Gator - Nov 26, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Not to worry. Aphaisics, juvenile delinquents, Neanderthals and assorted cases of arrested rectal development need places to cavort besides the parking lots at Dodger Stadium. Here, at least, they can only make themselves look dumber and can’t harm anyone else.

• nightwalker43 - Nov 27, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Why would anyone give a thumbs down to those comments?

• JBerardi - Nov 27, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Gator envy.

• Old Gator - Nov 27, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Crasstration fear.

2. thomas2727 - Nov 26, 2011 at 5:41 PM

This is great news.

I hope Bryan continues to improve.

I think I speak for all Giants fans when I say I can’t wait to see the day when Bryan can throw the first pitch out at a Giants game.

• canowack - Nov 27, 2011 at 12:27 PM

How in the HELL can you even think of giving that comment a thumbs down…I’m speechless

• canowack - Nov 27, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Now there are assholes just doing it just bc haha

3. kyleortonsarm - Nov 26, 2011 at 6:03 PM

I sure hope he doesn’t go into boxing or MMA. This guy can’t take a punch for the life of him.

• nixonotis - Nov 26, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Oh, hey. Just stopping in to let you know that you’re on the wrong site. This isn’t Deadspin. We, you know, actually give a shit about a story like this. Your joke isn’t funny or creative, it’s just crass. Oh, and you’re an asshole. Good day, sir.

4. deathmonkey41 - Nov 26, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Good for him. Hopefully he returns to normal and they put the idiots that did that to him in jail for the rest of their natural born lives.

5. 4d3fect - Nov 26, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Living is the best revenge.

6. icanspeel - Nov 26, 2011 at 7:14 PM

It’s great to see he is doing better than before and I appreciate the updates on hard ball talk

7. shawnuel - Nov 26, 2011 at 7:49 PM

kyleortonsass is more like it…….. Douche.

As encouraging as this news is, I can’t help but get emotional reading of Stow’s confusion and decreased quality of life, thinking how utterly stupid this act of terrorism against him was. Over a frickin’ baseball cap!!!!!!!! Godspeed to Bryan Stow and his family. I pray for acceptance of his circumstance and incredible patience for he and his family.

8. gpack22 - Nov 26, 2011 at 8:50 PM

What a great photo and thanks for the updates. His determination to live is tremendous and cannot wait to see him toss out the first pitch.

As for “kyleortonsarm”, you’ve got to be one of the dumbest people walking this planet. Karma’s a b*@tch buddy…..if you ever get out of your parent’s basement long enough.

• kyleortonsarm - Nov 26, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Somebody writing a witty and insightful comment doesn’t mean that they live in anyone’s basement you know. Why do you stereotype so much? If you knew that I was African American would you assume that I have illegitimate children and that I only have a high school degree? If you knew I was Native American would you think that I was an alcoholic? Am I good at math because I’m Asian? gpack22 is the most racist person on this website. I’m surprised you can even type while trying to see through your Klan head dress.

• danielcp0303 - Nov 26, 2011 at 10:02 PM

If you have to call your own joke “witty and insightful” it’s probably not. Out of all of the dumb and just plain wrong statements, I’ll just pick out one. Stereotypes don’t automatically make a person a racist. I guess every comedian that was ever on a stage is a racist. Maybe you should go watch a few of them do about 5 minutes of comedy on stage, so you can steal something and share a joke that’s actually funny.

• danielcp0303 - Nov 26, 2011 at 11:09 PM

You’re thumbing up your comments, and thumbing down comments against you. Wow, you really do live in your mother’s basement.

• Old Gator - Nov 26, 2011 at 11:46 PM

If it comforts you any, I don’t think you’re a stereotype. I think you’re a totally unique sort of idiot. Yes, there are many types of assholes in the world, but you should be proud that you, and you alone, are the only type of asshole that you are.

• gpack22 - Nov 27, 2011 at 11:12 AM

I have no further need to discuss anything with a person who truly believes their comment to the Stowe family photo was “witty and insightful” and the first thing you can come up with is I’m racist.

To the rest of you that have posted positive thoughts and prayers for the Stowe family please continue to do so. I’m sure they are much appreciated.

• dgrowe213 - Nov 27, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Now people, remember the first rule of the internet….

“Don’t feed the trolls”

It’s best to just ignore this guy. Your responses only give him motivation to come up with more lame jokes.

• JBerardi - Nov 27, 2011 at 6:20 PM

“Am I good at math because I’m Asian? “

Don’t worry. I’m sure you’re not good at math.

9. cur68 - Nov 26, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I’m glad to see him with his family & looking relatively well, too. Thanks for the update.

Pitching duel highlights Game 1 of WS