Nov 27, 2011, 10:38 AM EST
From Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com comes word that the Dodgers are close to an agreement on a minor league contract with reliever Wil Ledezma.
A 30-year-old left-hander, Ledezma surrendered 11 hits and 10 earned runs in six innings this past year for the Blue Jays. He has a brutal 5.40 career ERA and 1.61 career WHIP in the major leagues.
The Dodgers are likely viewing him as organizational relief depth for 2012. He’s doubtful to land a spot on the Opening Day roster out of spring training and probably won’t be promoted to the bigs unless the Los Angeles ‘pen is in desperate need of lefty help.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)