Nov 27, 2011, 10:38 AM EDT
From Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com comes word that the Dodgers are close to an agreement on a minor league contract with reliever Wil Ledezma.
A 30-year-old left-hander, Ledezma surrendered 11 hits and 10 earned runs in six innings this past year for the Blue Jays. He has a brutal 5.40 career ERA and 1.61 career WHIP in the major leagues.
The Dodgers are likely viewing him as organizational relief depth for 2012. He’s doubtful to land a spot on the Opening Day roster out of spring training and probably won’t be promoted to the bigs unless the Los Angeles ‘pen is in desperate need of lefty help.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million