Nov 27, 2011, 10:38 AM EDT
From Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com comes word that the Dodgers are close to an agreement on a minor league contract with reliever Wil Ledezma.
A 30-year-old left-hander, Ledezma surrendered 11 hits and 10 earned runs in six innings this past year for the Blue Jays. He has a brutal 5.40 career ERA and 1.61 career WHIP in the major leagues.
The Dodgers are likely viewing him as organizational relief depth for 2012. He’s doubtful to land a spot on the Opening Day roster out of spring training and probably won’t be promoted to the bigs unless the Los Angeles ‘pen is in desperate need of lefty help.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)