Nov 28, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
Dale Svuem taking over as the Cubs’ manager left the Brewers without a hitting coach and today they filled the position with Johnny Narron, whose brother Jerry is Milwaukee’s bench coach.
Narron has lots of experience coaching and managing in the Brewers’ minor-league system and most recently served as the Rangers’ assistant hitting coach, working specifically with and mentoring Josh Hamilton after the two formed a relationship on the Reds.
Now he takes over an offense that’s likely to lose cleanup hitter Prince Fielder, but the Brewers have the reigning MVP in Ryan Braun and ranked fifth among NL teams in scoring while leading the league in homers.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)