Nov 28, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
According to agent B.B. Abbott “he had multiple suitors and we should have something tentative in the next few days.”
Earlier this offseason Broxton was said to be open to staying in Los Angeles and Abbott admitted that he had some talks with the Dodgers, but apparently they never advanced very far.
Broxton last pitched on May 3 and underwent minor elbow surgery in September, which along with his struggles dating back to mid-2010 make it likely the once-dominant closer will have to take an incentive-laden one-year deal.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)