Nov 28, 2011, 1:20 PM EST
According to agent B.B. Abbott “he had multiple suitors and we should have something tentative in the next few days.”
Earlier this offseason Broxton was said to be open to staying in Los Angeles and Abbott admitted that he had some talks with the Dodgers, but apparently they never advanced very far.
Broxton last pitched on May 3 and underwent minor elbow surgery in September, which along with his struggles dating back to mid-2010 make it likely the once-dominant closer will have to take an incentive-laden one-year deal.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27