Nov 28, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
According to agent B.B. Abbott “he had multiple suitors and we should have something tentative in the next few days.”
Earlier this offseason Broxton was said to be open to staying in Los Angeles and Abbott admitted that he had some talks with the Dodgers, but apparently they never advanced very far.
Broxton last pitched on May 3 and underwent minor elbow surgery in September, which along with his struggles dating back to mid-2010 make it likely the once-dominant closer will have to take an incentive-laden one-year deal.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)