Nov 28, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
Astros outfielder Jordan Schafer was arrested in Florida back in October for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. At a Cheesecake Factory. Just, I don’t know either, but that’s what he did. Looks like he’s going to fly clear of serious consequences, however, as Zach Levine of the Houston Chronicle reports that he has opted for Florida’s pretrial intervention program. If he completes it, he’d face no other penalty.
So that means Schaefer should be all set for spring training and ample playing time as the Astros’ center fielder. Which seems like excessive punishment for Houston, but that’s how the justice system works sometimes.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)