Nov 28, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
Astros outfielder Jordan Schafer was arrested in Florida back in October for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. At a Cheesecake Factory. Just, I don’t know either, but that’s what he did. Looks like he’s going to fly clear of serious consequences, however, as Zach Levine of the Houston Chronicle reports that he has opted for Florida’s pretrial intervention program. If he completes it, he’d face no other penalty.
So that means Schaefer should be all set for spring training and ample playing time as the Astros’ center fielder. Which seems like excessive punishment for Houston, but that’s how the justice system works sometimes.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17