Nov 28, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
Astros outfielder Jordan Schafer was arrested in Florida back in October for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. At a Cheesecake Factory. Just, I don’t know either, but that’s what he did. Looks like he’s going to fly clear of serious consequences, however, as Zach Levine of the Houston Chronicle reports that he has opted for Florida’s pretrial intervention program. If he completes it, he’d face no other penalty.
So that means Schaefer should be all set for spring training and ample playing time as the Astros’ center fielder. Which seems like excessive punishment for Houston, but that’s how the justice system works sometimes.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)