Nov 28, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
With their current deal set to expire later this week, minor league umpires have agreed to a new labor contract.
According to the Associated Press “the agreement calls for salaries to remain the same until 2016 when umps will receive a minimum $100 per month raise, depending on service time.”
In the meantime the umpires will receive a bump in their per diem, which will be $32.50 to $43.57 per day in 2012 and $42.50 to $56.00 per day by the end of the contract.
AP reports that umpire salaries range from $1,900 per month in rookie-ball to $2,600 per month at Triple-A. And all the short-range manager spittle they can handle.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)