Nov 28, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
With their current deal set to expire later this week, minor league umpires have agreed to a new labor contract.
According to the Associated Press “the agreement calls for salaries to remain the same until 2016 when umps will receive a minimum $100 per month raise, depending on service time.”
In the meantime the umpires will receive a bump in their per diem, which will be $32.50 to $43.57 per day in 2012 and $42.50 to $56.00 per day by the end of the contract.
AP reports that umpire salaries range from $1,900 per month in rookie-ball to $2,600 per month at Triple-A. And all the short-range manager spittle they can handle.
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 8
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 3
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 7
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 80
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (86)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)