Nov 28, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Cross another name off the list, as Joe McDonald of ESPN Boston reports that the Red Sox have ruled out Torey Lovullo as their next manager.
Sandy Alomar Jr. was ruled out last week, which means Bobby Valentine and Gene Lamont are the only remaining candidates.
And just about everyone seems to think the job is Valentine’s to lose at this point.
Lovullo, who’s been in the running for several managerial openings in recent years, managed for the Red Sox at Triple-A Pawtucket prior to becoming the Blue Jays’ first base coach.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)