Nov 28, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Cross another name off the list, as Joe McDonald of ESPN Boston reports that the Red Sox have ruled out Torey Lovullo as their next manager.
Sandy Alomar Jr. was ruled out last week, which means Bobby Valentine and Gene Lamont are the only remaining candidates.
And just about everyone seems to think the job is Valentine’s to lose at this point.
Lovullo, who’s been in the running for several managerial openings in recent years, managed for the Red Sox at Triple-A Pawtucket prior to becoming the Blue Jays’ first base coach.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 59
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 28
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (105)