Nov 28, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Cross another name off the list, as Joe McDonald of ESPN Boston reports that the Red Sox have ruled out Torey Lovullo as their next manager.
Sandy Alomar Jr. was ruled out last week, which means Bobby Valentine and Gene Lamont are the only remaining candidates.
And just about everyone seems to think the job is Valentine’s to lose at this point.
Lovullo, who’s been in the running for several managerial openings in recent years, managed for the Red Sox at Triple-A Pawtucket prior to becoming the Blue Jays’ first base coach.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)