Nov 28, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Colorado is interested in signing free agent Ramon Hernandez and might be willing to trade incumbent catcher Chris Iannetta to make room for him behind the plate, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com.
Iannetta’s stock has dropped considerably in the past couple seasons, so it’s not surprising that the Rockies are willing to part with the 27-year-old. Rosenthal reports that the Angels are among the teams interested in Iannetta and he’d certainly be an upgrade over Jeff Mathis, but so would prospect Hank Conger.
Hernandez is coming off one of his best years at age 35, hitting .282 with a .787 OPS in 91 games for the Reds. He hasn’t been particularly durable, but Hernandez has topped a .700 OPS in eight of the past nine years and gunned down 36 percent of steal attempts since 2009.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 49
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 28
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 7
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)