Nov 28, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
He’ll manage at Triple-A Norfolk, with Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reporting that the Orioles will reassign the man he’s replacing, Gary Allenson, to another role in the organization.
Prior to his two seasons as manager Terry Francona’s first base coach Johnson spent a decade managing and coaching for the Red Sox in the minors, including lots of success at Triple-A Pawtucket.
Connolly also notes that Johnson first joined the Red Sox in 2000, when their general manager was current Orioles general manager Dan Duquette.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)