Nov 28, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
He’ll manage at Triple-A Norfolk, with Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reporting that the Orioles will reassign the man he’s replacing, Gary Allenson, to another role in the organization.
Prior to his two seasons as manager Terry Francona’s first base coach Johnson spent a decade managing and coaching for the Red Sox in the minors, including lots of success at Triple-A Pawtucket.
Connolly also notes that Johnson first joined the Red Sox in 2000, when their general manager was current Orioles general manager Dan Duquette.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 4
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 21
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 129
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (130)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)