Nov 28, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
He’ll manage at Triple-A Norfolk, with Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reporting that the Orioles will reassign the man he’s replacing, Gary Allenson, to another role in the organization.
Prior to his two seasons as manager Terry Francona’s first base coach Johnson spent a decade managing and coaching for the Red Sox in the minors, including lots of success at Triple-A Pawtucket.
Connolly also notes that Johnson first joined the Red Sox in 2000, when their general manager was current Orioles general manager Dan Duquette.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 0
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 153
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 20
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (153)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)