Nov 28, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
He’ll manage at Triple-A Norfolk, with Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reporting that the Orioles will reassign the man he’s replacing, Gary Allenson, to another role in the organization.
Prior to his two seasons as manager Terry Francona’s first base coach Johnson spent a decade managing and coaching for the Red Sox in the minors, including lots of success at Triple-A Pawtucket.
Connolly also notes that Johnson first joined the Red Sox in 2000, when their general manager was current Orioles general manager Dan Duquette.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 8
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 6
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (82)