Nov 28, 2011, 3:32 PM EST
This is what happens, of course, when no one else is really bidding on your target. So far the only other offer anyone knows of was the Marlins’ less-than-competitive one. The Cardinals are not in the business of bidding against themselves, so unless or until someone comes in and tries to steal their first baseman, they should hold firm.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)