Nov 28, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
If anyone either (a) needs a sleep aid; and/or (b) wants to know how lawyers can make even the most run-of-the-mill disputes seem like battles between evil and righteousness, check out Bill Shaikin’s latest report about the machinations between the Dodgers and Fox over the team’s post-2012 TV rights.
Not that the report itself is boring. It’s a great overview. It’s the underlying substance. Just sort of encapsulates how a relatively simple matter gets so complicated so quickly when people start suing one another.
Sorry. Feeling a bit existential today. It was two years ago today that I quit the legal racket and stuff like that reminds me of why it was such a good decision for me. Litigation is not meant for those with short attention spans. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to work on another post.
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 5
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 42
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 10
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)