The latest round of Dodgers-Fox bickering

Nov 28, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT

dodgers logo

If anyone either (a) needs a sleep aid; and/or (b) wants to know how lawyers can make even the most run-of-the-mill disputes seem like battles between evil and righteousness, check out Bill Shaikin’s latest report about the machinations between the Dodgers and Fox over the team’s post-2012 TV rights.

Not that the report itself is boring. It’s a great overview. It’s the underlying substance. Just sort of encapsulates how a relatively simple matter gets so complicated so quickly when people start suing one another.

Sorry. Feeling a bit existential today. It was two years ago today that I quit the legal racket and stuff like that reminds me of why it was such a good decision for me.  Litigation is not meant for those with short attention spans.  Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to work on another post.

1. cup0pizza - Nov 28, 2011 at 4:51 PM

You seem like a lawyer. Explains a lot.

• Old Gator - Nov 28, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Really? And precisely what does it explain? For example, does it account for why you keep hanging around here making useless, sententious comments like that? Come on. Doesn’t Romper Room have a web site where you can hang out instead and be the virtual village idiot?

• lostsok - Nov 28, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Bam! Down goes Piazza!

• mrfloydpink - Nov 29, 2011 at 1:53 AM

You seem like an assistant football coach at Penn State. Explains a lot.

2. cup0pizza - Nov 28, 2011 at 5:05 PM

I can set my watch to gator following me around like a lost puppy, trolling me and failing at trying to be clever. Yawn. I own you, loser troll.

• Reflex - Nov 28, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Um, you are one of the main trolls on this site. Its kind of funny seeing you call regulars who post with substance trolls, however. Especially after you started this topic with a troll post.

• cup0pizza - Nov 28, 2011 at 5:16 PM

ha! gator posts with substance? What alternate reality do you exist in, boy?

• Old Gator - Nov 28, 2011 at 5:21 PM

One in which the first words of a sentence are capitalized, you illiterate jackass.

• cur68 - Nov 28, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Everybody cut ‘0pizza some slack, ‘kay? He can’t help it. Straight vinegar runs in his veins. Cut the guy open and what you get is a river of douche. This is relatively mild stuff from him. Lets all just be grateful.

• Old Gator - Nov 28, 2011 at 5:23 PM

I doubt if you own one of those little plastic houses from a Monopoly set.

3. cur68 - Nov 28, 2011 at 5:14 PM

One day, our long Dodgery nightmare will be over and, if Kemp’s career hasn’t run its course by then, the team can get back to winning some ball games and being entertaining on the field. I look forward to that day. Meantime, will someone go find that idjit McCourt and give him a swift kick please?

• Old Gator - Nov 28, 2011 at 5:20 PM

It might be over sooner rather than later. McCourt seems to have thrown in the gold-monogrammed sable towel and resigned himself to the obscurity that awaits him. The resources at the disposal of this franchise should make it possible for new ownership (assuming it’s not some sunsetsider version of Peter Angelos) to kickstart the team back into high gear pretty quickly.

4. PanchoHerreraFanClub - Nov 28, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Craig, thanks for making the step away from the dark side. Baseball blogger is definitely a rung or two higher on the moral stepladder than lawyer.

• Old Gator - Nov 28, 2011 at 7:50 PM

You say that now, but wait till you need a speeding ticket fixed.

5. lostsok - Nov 28, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Oddly, these stories don’t bother me. It’s all just a reminder that McCourt has his bags packed and is on his way, albeit slowly and probably wrapped some Dodger-embossed silverware in his underwear even as I type this.

But going, nonetheless.

Now, if we can just send every douche from Fox into the sun in a giant douche-shaped spacecraft, life would be SWEET for Dodger fans.

When home-field advantage isn't so
  1. T. Lincecum (3265)