Nov 28, 2011, 4:29 PM EST
If anyone either (a) needs a sleep aid; and/or (b) wants to know how lawyers can make even the most run-of-the-mill disputes seem like battles between evil and righteousness, check out Bill Shaikin’s latest report about the machinations between the Dodgers and Fox over the team’s post-2012 TV rights.
Not that the report itself is boring. It’s a great overview. It’s the underlying substance. Just sort of encapsulates how a relatively simple matter gets so complicated so quickly when people start suing one another.
Sorry. Feeling a bit existential today. It was two years ago today that I quit the legal racket and stuff like that reminds me of why it was such a good decision for me. Litigation is not meant for those with short attention spans. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to work on another post.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)