Nov 28, 2011, 9:35 AM EST
Of course, when this was first reported, Molina was supposed to be John Jaso‘s backup. Jaso was traded to Seattle last night. If they’re interested in defense-first, Molina is a great option. But he has only caught 100 games in a season once in his career, so the Rays are still likely to snag another catcher. Ramon Hernandez? Go all-in with Robinson Chirinos?
Hard to say, but now that there’s a Molina there, there is some semblance of stability. I mean, that’s what Molinas do.
- Report: D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 30
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 5
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 41
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 25
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)