Nov 28, 2011, 9:35 AM EST
Of course, when this was first reported, Molina was supposed to be John Jaso‘s backup. Jaso was traded to Seattle last night. If they’re interested in defense-first, Molina is a great option. But he has only caught 100 games in a season once in his career, so the Rays are still likely to snag another catcher. Ramon Hernandez? Go all-in with Robinson Chirinos?
Hard to say, but now that there’s a Molina there, there is some semblance of stability. I mean, that’s what Molinas do.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 4
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 9
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 161
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (161)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)