Nov 28, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
The Tigers aren’t talking about Buehrle, although it’s known they have been one of many clubs inquiring what it might take to sign the fast-working, strikes-throwing, innings-gulping, finesse left-hander who is [Kenny] Rogers’ virtual clone in style and consistency.
The funny thing about all of the Buehrle reports: each time a Buehrle rumor is mentioned, it is said “but there are so many teams interested in him that the price may get too rich for [latest rumored suitor].” Which sort of reminds me of that Yogi Berra line about the restaurant: “No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded.”
Someone’s gonna sign him, right?
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)