Nov 28, 2011, 10:03 AM EST
There has been less-than-tepid interest from the Yankees in C.J. Wilson. Like, almost zero. That doesn’t necessarily mean everything, of course, as the Yankees have been known to lay kinda low until they just come in and sign someone, but today ESPN New York’s Andrew Marchand says that there is “almost no way” the Yankees sign C.J. Wilson this offseason.
And why should they? C.J. Wilson wants $100 million. Even if it’s affordable for the Yankees, how advisable is it? He’s good, no doubt. But the Yankees had a lot of success last year filling three rotation spots with cheap guys, so why should they throw nine figures at someone?
Wilson is going to meet with the Marlins today, so they can have yet another guy who they are going to pretend to sign. But whatever happens there, his future doesn’t look to be in New York.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)