Nov 28, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
Braves starter Tim Hudson had a wonky back late in the season and had hoped to avoid surgery. He didn’t, however, and today had surgery to repair a herniated disc. The surgery — like all surgery on athletes — was reported as “successful.”
One day, heaven forbid, they’re going to report someone’s surgery as “a hot mess.” That will be interesting.
Anyway, Hudson is expected to be ready for spring training. But, dudes, your team’s most important starter coming off surgery like this is not the best thing in the world. Almost makes you wonder if the Braves’ talk about being willing to deal Jair Jurrjens is just that now, and they they’d prefer to keep him in the event Hudson is slow to rebound.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)