Nov 28, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
Braves starter Tim Hudson had a wonky back late in the season and had hoped to avoid surgery. He didn’t, however, and today had surgery to repair a herniated disc. The surgery — like all surgery on athletes — was reported as “successful.”
One day, heaven forbid, they’re going to report someone’s surgery as “a hot mess.” That will be interesting.
Anyway, Hudson is expected to be ready for spring training. But, dudes, your team’s most important starter coming off surgery like this is not the best thing in the world. Almost makes you wonder if the Braves’ talk about being willing to deal Jair Jurrjens is just that now, and they they’d prefer to keep him in the event Hudson is slow to rebound.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)