Nov 29, 2011, 8:58 AM EDT
Mark Feinsand of the Daily News spoke with Curtis Granderson — who, in addition to being awesome, is an MLBPA player rep — and Granderson said that he was happy about the changes in the collective bargaining agreement. Specifically the addition of the HGH blood test.
Granderson is no idiot, though, and though I may be reading too much into this, I get the sense that he knows that the biggest part of the HGH test is the perception, not the actual merits of the thing:
“You never hear it talked about in football, where most guys are massively bigger than us, or in basketball,” Granderson said. “It’s amazing of the three major sports, we’re the ones that are consistently talked about when it comes to that stuff, so hopefully we can get rid of that conversation.”
That sound you hear are all of Granderson’s fans back in Michigan wondering how the hell he doesn’t consider hockey to be a major sport.
Anyway: he’s right. the test is about getting rid of a conversation. I think everyone involved knows that. I also think that’s why it was apparently so easily and quietly included in the new CBA.
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 0
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 40
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 49
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 29
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)