Nov 29, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
Dale Sveum has decided on a right-hand man, with Jamie Quirk leaving his job as the Astros’ bullpen coach to become the Cubs’ new bench coach.
Quirk called it “a great opportunity” and told Brian McTaggart of MLB.com that Sveum reached out to him about possibly joining his hypothetical staff before he’d even finished interviewing for jobs.
Sveum was hired by the Cubs and Quirk apparently passed an interview of his own with team president Theo Epstein.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)