Nov 29, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Marrero repeatedly said that he doesn’t expect to miss all of 2012, but Ladson reports that the hamstring was torn off the bone and surgery was required. At the very least he seems highly unlikely to be ready for spring training, which could put the Nationals in the market for first base help with Adam LaRoche also a health question mark.
Ladson floats Mark DeRosa as a possible target and of course if the Nationals’ reported interest in Prince Fielder is real that would certainly address the first base situation in a big way. LaRoche is under contract for $8 million, but missed all but 43 games because of shoulder problems.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 0
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 19
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 22
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 66
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)