Nov 29, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
Levine is the Rangers’ assistant general manager, working under Jon Daniels for the past six seasons.
It seems fairly obvious that Friedman is the Astros’ first choice, but few people seem to think he’s legitimately interested in the job despite being from Houston.
Levine would be a very good fallback option and the 40-year-old Virginia native has filled just about every possible front office role between his time with the Rangers, Rockies, and Dodgers.
I’m also rooting for the Astros to hire Levine just so Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle could cover him. They would immediately become my mother’s favorite team.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)