Nov 29, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
Levine is the Rangers’ assistant general manager, working under Jon Daniels for the past six seasons.
It seems fairly obvious that Friedman is the Astros’ first choice, but few people seem to think he’s legitimately interested in the job despite being from Houston.
Levine would be a very good fallback option and the 40-year-old Virginia native has filled just about every possible front office role between his time with the Rangers, Rockies, and Dodgers.
I’m also rooting for the Astros to hire Levine just so Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle could cover him. They would immediately become my mother’s favorite team.
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 2
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 29
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 143
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)