Nov 29, 2011, 9:45 PM EDT
While the Tigers continue to express interest in a trade for Atlanta’s Martin Prado, they have identified a Plan B. According to Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, it’s Maicer Izturis of the Angels.
The Tigers are currently looking for upgrades at second base, third base and the leadoff spot, so while Izturis isn’t quite on the level of Prado, he at least has experience in those areas.
Izturis, 31, batted .276/.334/.388 with five home runs, 38 RBI, nine stolen bases and a .722 OPS over 494 plate appearances this season while splitting time between second base, third base and shortstop. The switch-hitter is owed $3.8 million in 2012 in the final year of a three-year, $10 million contract.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)