Three Royals go hunting: a play in one act

Nov 29, 2011, 11:04 AM EDT

Kansas City Royals Photo Day Getty Images

This morning, in connection with the news that Jonathan Broxton signed with the Kansas City Royals, ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick noted that “Fellow GA native Jeff Francoeur helped recruit Broxton for Royals. Broxton recently went hunting w/Francoeur & manager Ned Yost.”

That created quite a picture in my head. I chuckled at that picture for a moment and then moved on to other things. SB Nation’s Grant Brisbee did not move on, however. To the contrary, he wrote down what I can only assume is the exact transcript of those dudes on the hunting trip.  I am so thankful for the laughs, as well as the excuse to use my “Francoeur bathed in heavenly glow” pic from last year. Which I really, really like.

And with that, the Internet is closed. Really, nothing else to see here. Move along.

1. yankeesgameday - Nov 29, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Squeal like a pig, Francoeur

2. phukyouk - Nov 29, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Cheney wasn’t there by any chance, right?

3. sportsdrenched.com - Nov 29, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Luke “You Know?” Hochaver has been known to host many an MLBer on hunting trips too.

4. deathmonkey41 - Nov 29, 2011 at 11:52 AM

One day, he’s going to go hunting Calcaterras. Seriously- he’s going to snap.

5. Tyree Studio - Nov 29, 2011 at 12:10 PM

I’ll take a post mocking Frenchy every day of the offseason as long as he plays as well in 2012 as he did this past year.

6. cur68 - Nov 29, 2011 at 1:28 PM

I missed Frenchy news. Hadn’t realized how long its been since I’ve seen some Frenchy type gossip. That play by play of Yost, Brox & Frenchy hunting was hilarious, especially the Strawdogs reference at the end. Tip O’The Blue Jays Cap to y’all….

7. bklynbaseball - Nov 29, 2011 at 1:36 PM

That’s just wrong.

8. The Rabbit - Nov 29, 2011 at 2:48 PM

If these guys are hunting together (lots of KC hunters in this neck of the woods), I think I’ll remind my neighbors to lock up their horses and cows…. and the sheep, too. The nights are long these days.

Managers get easier path to Cooperstown
  1. H. Street (4039)