Nov 29, 2011, 11:04 AM EDT
This morning, in connection with the news that Jonathan Broxton signed with the Kansas City Royals, ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick noted that “Fellow GA native Jeff Francoeur helped recruit Broxton for Royals. Broxton recently went hunting w/Francoeur & manager Ned Yost.”
That created quite a picture in my head. I chuckled at that picture for a moment and then moved on to other things. SB Nation’s Grant Brisbee did not move on, however. To the contrary, he wrote down what I can only assume is the exact transcript of those dudes on the hunting trip. I am so thankful for the laughs, as well as the excuse to use my “Francoeur bathed in heavenly glow” pic from last year. Which I really, really like.
And with that, the Internet is closed. Really, nothing else to see here. Move along.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)