Nov 29, 2011, 11:04 AM EST
This morning, in connection with the news that Jonathan Broxton signed with the Kansas City Royals, ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick noted that “Fellow GA native Jeff Francoeur helped recruit Broxton for Royals. Broxton recently went hunting w/Francoeur & manager Ned Yost.”
That created quite a picture in my head. I chuckled at that picture for a moment and then moved on to other things. SB Nation’s Grant Brisbee did not move on, however. To the contrary, he wrote down what I can only assume is the exact transcript of those dudes on the hunting trip. I am so thankful for the laughs, as well as the excuse to use my “Francoeur bathed in heavenly glow” pic from last year. Which I really, really like.
And with that, the Internet is closed. Really, nothing else to see here. Move along.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)