Nov 30, 2011, 8:41 PM EDT
Rangers doctors say Moreland will need 8-12 weeks of recovery time, meaning he should be mostly done healing by the start of spring training in February and should be back to 100 percent health by Opening Day. But any minor setback could change that.
The 26-year-old batted .259/.320/.414 with 16 home runs and 51 RBI in 134 games this year for Texas. He had major offensive struggles in the second half, which he blamed on the right wrist discomfort.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 42
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 29
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)