Nov 30, 2011, 8:41 PM EDT
Rangers doctors say Moreland will need 8-12 weeks of recovery time, meaning he should be mostly done healing by the start of spring training in February and should be back to 100 percent health by Opening Day. But any minor setback could change that.
The 26-year-old batted .259/.320/.414 with 16 home runs and 51 RBI in 134 games this year for Texas. He had major offensive struggles in the second half, which he blamed on the right wrist discomfort.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)