Nov 30, 2011, 8:41 PM EDT
Rangers doctors say Moreland will need 8-12 weeks of recovery time, meaning he should be mostly done healing by the start of spring training in February and should be back to 100 percent health by Opening Day. But any minor setback could change that.
The 26-year-old batted .259/.320/.414 with 16 home runs and 51 RBI in 134 games this year for Texas. He had major offensive struggles in the second half, which he blamed on the right wrist discomfort.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 0
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 108
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 65
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)