Nov 30, 2011, 9:53 AM EDT
As Valentine has emerged as a managerial candidate, some Red Sox players have been upset; they’ve been grumbling to each other, through texts and phone calls. Maybe it’s because they heard Bobby critique their play on the air. Maybe they haven’t liked his tone. Maybe they haven’t liked his smile. Maybe they’ve heard bad things.
Interesting. But man, how on Earth could the Sox have heard him critique their play while he was on the air? Valentine did Sunday night games and, without checking, I’m pretty sure the Red Sox were on every single freakin’ Sunday night broadcast last season.
Unless in addition to the beer and chicken the Sox’ clubhouse had a big screen TV too. Which, now that I think about it would be pretty sweet.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)