Nov 30, 2011, 9:53 AM EDT
As Valentine has emerged as a managerial candidate, some Red Sox players have been upset; they’ve been grumbling to each other, through texts and phone calls. Maybe it’s because they heard Bobby critique their play on the air. Maybe they haven’t liked his tone. Maybe they haven’t liked his smile. Maybe they’ve heard bad things.
Interesting. But man, how on Earth could the Sox have heard him critique their play while he was on the air? Valentine did Sunday night games and, without checking, I’m pretty sure the Red Sox were on every single freakin’ Sunday night broadcast last season.
Unless in addition to the beer and chicken the Sox’ clubhouse had a big screen TV too. Which, now that I think about it would be pretty sweet.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)