Nov 30, 2011, 9:53 AM EDT
As Valentine has emerged as a managerial candidate, some Red Sox players have been upset; they’ve been grumbling to each other, through texts and phone calls. Maybe it’s because they heard Bobby critique their play on the air. Maybe they haven’t liked his tone. Maybe they haven’t liked his smile. Maybe they’ve heard bad things.
Interesting. But man, how on Earth could the Sox have heard him critique their play while he was on the air? Valentine did Sunday night games and, without checking, I’m pretty sure the Red Sox were on every single freakin’ Sunday night broadcast last season.
Unless in addition to the beer and chicken the Sox’ clubhouse had a big screen TV too. Which, now that I think about it would be pretty sweet.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 55
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105