Nov 30, 2011, 11:42 AM EST
Funny story from The Slanch Report. It has an air of “my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with the girl …” to it, but I am going to assume it is true because I want it to be true.
Click through for the story in the relator’s own words, but the upshot: Bobby Valentine took the phone call to accept the Red Sox job while sitting in a library in Japan. As soon as he hung up a Yankees fan who overheard walked up to him and said “go Yankees!”
And yes, I’m running out of Bobby Valentine pictures to use. Someone, take the man’s picture, will ya?
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (123)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)