Nov 30, 2011, 11:42 AM EDT
Funny story from The Slanch Report. It has an air of “my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with the girl …” to it, but I am going to assume it is true because I want it to be true.
Click through for the story in the relator’s own words, but the upshot: Bobby Valentine took the phone call to accept the Red Sox job while sitting in a library in Japan. As soon as he hung up a Yankees fan who overheard walked up to him and said “go Yankees!”
And yes, I’m running out of Bobby Valentine pictures to use. Someone, take the man’s picture, will ya?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)