Nov 30, 2011, 11:42 AM EDT
Funny story from The Slanch Report. It has an air of “my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with the girl …” to it, but I am going to assume it is true because I want it to be true.
Click through for the story in the relator’s own words, but the upshot: Bobby Valentine took the phone call to accept the Red Sox job while sitting in a library in Japan. As soon as he hung up a Yankees fan who overheard walked up to him and said “go Yankees!”
And yes, I’m running out of Bobby Valentine pictures to use. Someone, take the man’s picture, will ya?
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 49
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)