Nov 30, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
UPDATE: The deal is done. The Dodgers have signed Kennedy to a one-year, $800,000 contract.
Tuesday, 5:13 PM: Tony Jackson of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Kennedy and the Dodgers are close to a deal.
Tuesday, 3:10 PM: Feel the offseason excitement, Dodgers fans: According to Ben Nicholson-Smith of MLB Trade Rumors, the Dodgers are talking to Adam Kennedy.
What? Super-utility players don’t turn you on? Would it help if I told you that he played DH and batted cleanup last year? Not that says anything as useful about him as it does the 2011 Mariners, but it’s something right?
OK, fine, it’s not anything. Kennedy hit .234/.277/.355 and he turns 36 in January. He has a glove still, and that will prevent ground ball singles if hit to the general area a fielder is supposed to be standing, however, so there’s some value there.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12