Nov 30, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
UPDATE: The deal is done. The Dodgers have signed Kennedy to a one-year, $800,000 contract.
Tuesday, 5:13 PM: Tony Jackson of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Kennedy and the Dodgers are close to a deal.
Tuesday, 3:10 PM: Feel the offseason excitement, Dodgers fans: According to Ben Nicholson-Smith of MLB Trade Rumors, the Dodgers are talking to Adam Kennedy.
What? Super-utility players don’t turn you on? Would it help if I told you that he played DH and batted cleanup last year? Not that says anything as useful about him as it does the 2011 Mariners, but it’s something right?
OK, fine, it’s not anything. Kennedy hit .234/.277/.355 and he turns 36 in January. He has a glove still, and that will prevent ground ball singles if hit to the general area a fielder is supposed to be standing, however, so there’s some value there.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 2
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 51
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 16
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 26
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 30
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 84
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)