Nov 30, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
UPDATE: The deal is done. The Dodgers have signed Kennedy to a one-year, $800,000 contract.
Tuesday, 5:13 PM: Tony Jackson of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Kennedy and the Dodgers are close to a deal.
Tuesday, 3:10 PM: Feel the offseason excitement, Dodgers fans: According to Ben Nicholson-Smith of MLB Trade Rumors, the Dodgers are talking to Adam Kennedy.
What? Super-utility players don’t turn you on? Would it help if I told you that he played DH and batted cleanup last year? Not that says anything as useful about him as it does the 2011 Mariners, but it’s something right?
OK, fine, it’s not anything. Kennedy hit .234/.277/.355 and he turns 36 in January. He has a glove still, and that will prevent ground ball singles if hit to the general area a fielder is supposed to be standing, however, so there’s some value there.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 28
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 208
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (207)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)