Nov 30, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
UPDATE: The deal is done. The Dodgers have signed Kennedy to a one-year, $800,000 contract.
Tuesday, 5:13 PM: Tony Jackson of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Kennedy and the Dodgers are close to a deal.
Tuesday, 3:10 PM: Feel the offseason excitement, Dodgers fans: According to Ben Nicholson-Smith of MLB Trade Rumors, the Dodgers are talking to Adam Kennedy.
What? Super-utility players don’t turn you on? Would it help if I told you that he played DH and batted cleanup last year? Not that says anything as useful about him as it does the 2011 Mariners, but it’s something right?
OK, fine, it’s not anything. Kennedy hit .234/.277/.355 and he turns 36 in January. He has a glove still, and that will prevent ground ball singles if hit to the general area a fielder is supposed to be standing, however, so there’s some value there.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)