Nov 30, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
UPDATE: The deal is done. The Dodgers have signed Kennedy to a one-year, $800,000 contract.
Tuesday, 5:13 PM: Tony Jackson of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Kennedy and the Dodgers are close to a deal.
Tuesday, 3:10 PM: Feel the offseason excitement, Dodgers fans: According to Ben Nicholson-Smith of MLB Trade Rumors, the Dodgers are talking to Adam Kennedy.
What? Super-utility players don’t turn you on? Would it help if I told you that he played DH and batted cleanup last year? Not that says anything as useful about him as it does the 2011 Mariners, but it’s something right?
OK, fine, it’s not anything. Kennedy hit .234/.277/.355 and he turns 36 in January. He has a glove still, and that will prevent ground ball singles if hit to the general area a fielder is supposed to be standing, however, so there’s some value there.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 4
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 10
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)