Nov 30, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Rosenthal says that the Giants are trying to trade either Ramon Ramirez or Jeremy Affeldt. He says it’s for payroll space and flexibility. Which makes one wonder why in the hell they picked up Affeldt’s $5 million option after the season was over, but I suppose that’s between Brian Sabean and his god.
Ramirez would be an attractive pickup for someone. He struck out 8.7 batters per nine innings last season and isn’t expensive. Affeldt has his uses too, but his current salary seems way too much for a guy like him.
Still, some trades would be nice right now. I think I’ve had enough “this team is kicking the tires on that guy” posts for a while. Do something, people.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 10
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)