Nov 30, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Rosenthal says that the Giants are trying to trade either Ramon Ramirez or Jeremy Affeldt. He says it’s for payroll space and flexibility. Which makes one wonder why in the hell they picked up Affeldt’s $5 million option after the season was over, but I suppose that’s between Brian Sabean and his god.
Ramirez would be an attractive pickup for someone. He struck out 8.7 batters per nine innings last season and isn’t expensive. Affeldt has his uses too, but his current salary seems way too much for a guy like him.
Still, some trades would be nice right now. I think I’ve had enough “this team is kicking the tires on that guy” posts for a while. Do something, people.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)