Nov 30, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Rosenthal says that the Giants are trying to trade either Ramon Ramirez or Jeremy Affeldt. He says it’s for payroll space and flexibility. Which makes one wonder why in the hell they picked up Affeldt’s $5 million option after the season was over, but I suppose that’s between Brian Sabean and his god.
Ramirez would be an attractive pickup for someone. He struck out 8.7 batters per nine innings last season and isn’t expensive. Affeldt has his uses too, but his current salary seems way too much for a guy like him.
Still, some trades would be nice right now. I think I’ve had enough “this team is kicking the tires on that guy” posts for a while. Do something, people.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 40
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)