Nov 30, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Rosenthal says that the Giants are trying to trade either Ramon Ramirez or Jeremy Affeldt. He says it’s for payroll space and flexibility. Which makes one wonder why in the hell they picked up Affeldt’s $5 million option after the season was over, but I suppose that’s between Brian Sabean and his god.
Ramirez would be an attractive pickup for someone. He struck out 8.7 batters per nine innings last season and isn’t expensive. Affeldt has his uses too, but his current salary seems way too much for a guy like him.
Still, some trades would be nice right now. I think I’ve had enough “this team is kicking the tires on that guy” posts for a while. Do something, people.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20