Dec 1, 2011, 8:38 PM EST
Ramirez struggled with injuries and inconsistency during the latter part of his tenure in Chicago, but he posted a bounceback .871 OPS with 26 home runs and 93 RBI in 149 games this year and he’s by far the top third baseman on the market this winter.
A-Ram is also drawing free agent interest from the Tigers and Brewers, and we’d expect a few other clubs to join the fray at next week’s annual Winter Meetings in Dallas, Texas.
The Angels are unlikely to get a quick decision from the 33-year-old once they make their offer.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 18
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (72)