Dec 1, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
Ramirez struggled with injuries and inconsistency during the latter part of his tenure in Chicago, but he posted a bounceback .871 OPS with 26 home runs and 93 RBI in 149 games this year and he’s by far the top third baseman on the market this winter.
A-Ram is also drawing free agent interest from the Tigers and Brewers, and we’d expect a few other clubs to join the fray at next week’s annual Winter Meetings in Dallas, Texas.
The Angels are unlikely to get a quick decision from the 33-year-old once they make their offer.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47