Dec 1, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
Ramirez struggled with injuries and inconsistency during the latter part of his tenure in Chicago, but he posted a bounceback .871 OPS with 26 home runs and 93 RBI in 149 games this year and he’s by far the top third baseman on the market this winter.
A-Ram is also drawing free agent interest from the Tigers and Brewers, and we’d expect a few other clubs to join the fray at next week’s annual Winter Meetings in Dallas, Texas.
The Angels are unlikely to get a quick decision from the 33-year-old once they make their offer.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)