Dec 1, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
Ramirez struggled with injuries and inconsistency during the latter part of his tenure in Chicago, but he posted a bounceback .871 OPS with 26 home runs and 93 RBI in 149 games this year and he’s by far the top third baseman on the market this winter.
A-Ram is also drawing free agent interest from the Tigers and Brewers, and we’d expect a few other clubs to join the fray at next week’s annual Winter Meetings in Dallas, Texas.
The Angels are unlikely to get a quick decision from the 33-year-old once they make their offer.
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 8
- Not so fast! Dodgers-Marlins trade for Mat Latos “could be falling apart” 55
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 50
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 46
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 53
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)