Dec 1, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
Ramirez struggled with injuries and inconsistency during the latter part of his tenure in Chicago, but he posted a bounceback .871 OPS with 26 home runs and 93 RBI in 149 games this year and he’s by far the top third baseman on the market this winter.
A-Ram is also drawing free agent interest from the Tigers and Brewers, and we’d expect a few other clubs to join the fray at next week’s annual Winter Meetings in Dallas, Texas.
The Angels are unlikely to get a quick decision from the 33-year-old once they make their offer.
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him