Dec 1, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
It’s “strong” day. The Marlins are going “strong” after Heath Bell and now we hear that the Mets are “strong” after Brad Lidge and Jon Rauch. No word if any tires have been kicked. But if they were, they were kicked HARD.
Obviously the Mets want bullpen help. In addition to these two, the Mets have been linked to Matt Capps, Frank Francisco, Francisco Cordero, Octavio Dotel, Andrew Bailey and Huston Street at some point over the past few weeks. The estate of Rod Beck may expect a call soon too. That’s how bad Sandy Alderson wants relief pitching.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)