Dec 1, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
It’s “strong” day. The Marlins are going “strong” after Heath Bell and now we hear that the Mets are “strong” after Brad Lidge and Jon Rauch. No word if any tires have been kicked. But if they were, they were kicked HARD.
Obviously the Mets want bullpen help. In addition to these two, the Mets have been linked to Matt Capps, Frank Francisco, Francisco Cordero, Octavio Dotel, Andrew Bailey and Huston Street at some point over the past few weeks. The estate of Rod Beck may expect a call soon too. That’s how bad Sandy Alderson wants relief pitching.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 19
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)