Dec 1, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
It’s “strong” day. The Marlins are going “strong” after Heath Bell and now we hear that the Mets are “strong” after Brad Lidge and Jon Rauch. No word if any tires have been kicked. But if they were, they were kicked HARD.
Obviously the Mets want bullpen help. In addition to these two, the Mets have been linked to Matt Capps, Frank Francisco, Francisco Cordero, Octavio Dotel, Andrew Bailey and Huston Street at some point over the past few weeks. The estate of Rod Beck may expect a call soon too. That’s how bad Sandy Alderson wants relief pitching.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)