Dec 1, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
It’s “strong” day. The Marlins are going “strong” after Heath Bell and now we hear that the Mets are “strong” after Brad Lidge and Jon Rauch. No word if any tires have been kicked. But if they were, they were kicked HARD.
Obviously the Mets want bullpen help. In addition to these two, the Mets have been linked to Matt Capps, Frank Francisco, Francisco Cordero, Octavio Dotel, Andrew Bailey and Huston Street at some point over the past few weeks. The estate of Rod Beck may expect a call soon too. That’s how bad Sandy Alderson wants relief pitching.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 29
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Who really owns a home run ball? 60
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 127
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (127)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)