Dec 1, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
It’s “strong” day. The Marlins are going “strong” after Heath Bell and now we hear that the Mets are “strong” after Brad Lidge and Jon Rauch. No word if any tires have been kicked. But if they were, they were kicked HARD.
Obviously the Mets want bullpen help. In addition to these two, the Mets have been linked to Matt Capps, Frank Francisco, Francisco Cordero, Octavio Dotel, Andrew Bailey and Huston Street at some point over the past few weeks. The estate of Rod Beck may expect a call soon too. That’s how bad Sandy Alderson wants relief pitching.
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 33
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 3
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 14
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)