Dec 1, 2011, 5:47 PM EST
Logan Morrison revealed yesterday that his right knee was still giving him problems after a pair of outfield collisions and ongoing tendinitis, saying surgery might be needed.
Sure enough, Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that Morrison will go under the knife Monday for what’s being described as a “minor” operation.
According to Capozzi the normal recovery time is around six weeks, leaving Morrison plenty of room to be ready for spring training. Morrison previously expressed concern about his readiness for camp because plasma injections hadn’t helped matters after four weeks.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 36
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 83
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 23
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 44
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 42
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (102)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (83)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)