Dec 1, 2011, 5:47 PM EDT
Logan Morrison revealed yesterday that his right knee was still giving him problems after a pair of outfield collisions and ongoing tendinitis, saying surgery might be needed.
Sure enough, Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that Morrison will go under the knife Monday for what’s being described as a “minor” operation.
According to Capozzi the normal recovery time is around six weeks, leaving Morrison plenty of room to be ready for spring training. Morrison previously expressed concern about his readiness for camp because plasma injections hadn’t helped matters after four weeks.
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him