Dec 1, 2011, 5:47 PM EDT
Logan Morrison revealed yesterday that his right knee was still giving him problems after a pair of outfield collisions and ongoing tendinitis, saying surgery might be needed.
Sure enough, Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that Morrison will go under the knife Monday for what’s being described as a “minor” operation.
According to Capozzi the normal recovery time is around six weeks, leaving Morrison plenty of room to be ready for spring training. Morrison previously expressed concern about his readiness for camp because plasma injections hadn’t helped matters after four weeks.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)