Dec 1, 2011, 5:47 PM EDT
Logan Morrison revealed yesterday that his right knee was still giving him problems after a pair of outfield collisions and ongoing tendinitis, saying surgery might be needed.
Sure enough, Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that Morrison will go under the knife Monday for what’s being described as a “minor” operation.
According to Capozzi the normal recovery time is around six weeks, leaving Morrison plenty of room to be ready for spring training. Morrison previously expressed concern about his readiness for camp because plasma injections hadn’t helped matters after four weeks.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 22
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 108
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 30
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 105
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 82
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 96
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)