Dec 1, 2011, 12:26 PM EST
Mariano Rivera doesn’t talk much. He’s more of the silent assassin type. But he’s been having some trouble lately: polyps on his vocal cords. He’s going to have surgery tomorrow to have them removed.
The polyps are non-cancerous things and recovery time should be quick. Obviously it won’t have much if any impact on his offseason prep. At least as long as it doesn’t involve looking at himself in the mirror and loudly asking who’s the man. Which, even if it did, is perfectly acceptable in Mo’s case.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 12
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 40
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15