Dec 1, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
Mariano Rivera doesn’t talk much. He’s more of the silent assassin type. But he’s been having some trouble lately: polyps on his vocal cords. He’s going to have surgery tomorrow to have them removed.
The polyps are non-cancerous things and recovery time should be quick. Obviously it won’t have much if any impact on his offseason prep. At least as long as it doesn’t involve looking at himself in the mirror and loudly asking who’s the man. Which, even if it did, is perfectly acceptable in Mo’s case.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 73
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)