Dec 1, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
Mariano Rivera doesn’t talk much. He’s more of the silent assassin type. But he’s been having some trouble lately: polyps on his vocal cords. He’s going to have surgery tomorrow to have them removed.
The polyps are non-cancerous things and recovery time should be quick. Obviously it won’t have much if any impact on his offseason prep. At least as long as it doesn’t involve looking at himself in the mirror and loudly asking who’s the man. Which, even if it did, is perfectly acceptable in Mo’s case.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 48
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)