Dec 1, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
Mariano Rivera doesn’t talk much. He’s more of the silent assassin type. But he’s been having some trouble lately: polyps on his vocal cords. He’s going to have surgery tomorrow to have them removed.
The polyps are non-cancerous things and recovery time should be quick. Obviously it won’t have much if any impact on his offseason prep. At least as long as it doesn’t involve looking at himself in the mirror and loudly asking who’s the man. Which, even if it did, is perfectly acceptable in Mo’s case.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)