Dec 1, 2011, 12:26 PM EST
Mariano Rivera doesn’t talk much. He’s more of the silent assassin type. But he’s been having some trouble lately: polyps on his vocal cords. He’s going to have surgery tomorrow to have them removed.
The polyps are non-cancerous things and recovery time should be quick. Obviously it won’t have much if any impact on his offseason prep. At least as long as it doesn’t involve looking at himself in the mirror and loudly asking who’s the man. Which, even if it did, is perfectly acceptable in Mo’s case.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)