Dec 1, 2011, 3:38 PM EDT
The deal was obviously done, but today the MLBPA announced that the union membership has ratified the new collective bargaining agreement.
Some of our previous thoughts on the CBA can be read here, here and here. The upshot: great for peace and notable issues like HGH testing and tobacco and stuff, worrisome for what it does to hamstring teams who want to build through the draft and amateur signings. It’s a surprisingly small number of people who seem to care about that even though it will have a pretty tremendous impact on the game going forward.
But hey, no strikes, right?
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 6
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)