Dec 1, 2011, 3:38 PM EDT
The deal was obviously done, but today the MLBPA announced that the union membership has ratified the new collective bargaining agreement.
Some of our previous thoughts on the CBA can be read here, here and here. The upshot: great for peace and notable issues like HGH testing and tobacco and stuff, worrisome for what it does to hamstring teams who want to build through the draft and amateur signings. It’s a surprisingly small number of people who seem to care about that even though it will have a pretty tremendous impact on the game going forward.
But hey, no strikes, right?
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12