Dec 1, 2011, 3:38 PM EDT
The deal was obviously done, but today the MLBPA announced that the union membership has ratified the new collective bargaining agreement.
Some of our previous thoughts on the CBA can be read here, here and here. The upshot: great for peace and notable issues like HGH testing and tobacco and stuff, worrisome for what it does to hamstring teams who want to build through the draft and amateur signings. It’s a surprisingly small number of people who seem to care about that even though it will have a pretty tremendous impact on the game going forward.
But hey, no strikes, right?
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11